Porcelain Dental Veneers
WHAT ARE PORCELAIN DENTAL VENEERS?
Dental veneers are a type of prosthesis used to conceal and cover discoloured, damaged, and uneven teeth’ front surfaces. Dental veneers provided by a skilled dentist at our dental clinic – Dentist on Harbourfront are wafer-thin shells custom-made for each tooth. These are fitted on the front surface of your teeth to improve the appearance of teeth and restore their shape, length, and size. Porcelain dental veneers are tooth-coloured and perfectly blend in with the remaining teeth to reveal a beautiful and perfect smile.
Dental veneers in Toronto have gained immense popularity and is one of the most sought after cosmetic dental procedure as it conservatively improves the appearance of the smile and makes it more appealing.
HOW ARE PORCELAIN DENTAL VENEERS PLACED?
During your first appointment at our clinic, our board-certified dentist will examine your teeth and jaw. They make also take some x-rays during this appointment to analyze if dental veneers are the right treatment procedure for you.
The procedure of fitting porcelain dental veneers starts by reshaping the problematic teeth surfaces. Our dentist will use dental drills to conservatively remove some enamel from the teeth selected for dental veneers placement. Next, they will take an impression of your upper and lower teeth and use a shade guide to determine the shade of your dental veneers. This impression acts as a mold and is later made into a model. This model is then sent to a dental laboratory with a set of instructions about shade, size, and shape in Toronto when your dental veneers are custom-made for you.
In your next appointment, your teeth will be professionally cleaned. After this, our dentist will bond your custom-made dental veneers on the selected teeth with the help of dental resins or cement. The veneers are allowed to set, and this completes your treatment with dental veneers.
WHICH DENTAL PROBLEM CAN BE TREATED BY PORCELAIN DENTAL VENEERS?
- Front teeth that have been discoloured or damaged.
- Dental veneers can be used to conceal stains that are caused because of fluorosis or medicine-induced staining. It can also be used to restore hypoplastic teeth and to build their shape and size.
- Teeth that are worn down due to ageing or get discoloured because of large dental fillings or root canal procedures.
- Teeth that are worn down due to the effect of the oral environment and gut health issues like acid reflux.
- A chipped or broken tooth can also be restored with the help of dental veneers provided at our clinic.
- Dental veneers can be used to fill the small gaps between the front teeth. It can also be used to conservatively treat and correct misaligned, uneven and irregularly shaped teeth.
BENEFITS OF GETTING PORCELAIN DENTAL VENEERS
The entire process of getting dental veneers at our clinic, Dentist on Harbourfront, is painless and comfortable. It is an excellent procedure to repair the damaged and discoloured teeth and at the same time protect the weakened teeth. Dental veneers look exceptionally natural and give you the beautiful, radiant smile you have always desired. It is a conservative and minimally invasive dental procedure that corrects the appearance of your smile. Porcelain dental veneers are stain-resistant and durable, which means you will have a bright smile for a long time. Porcelain dental veneers provided at our clinic are custom-made for each patient to ensure a perfect fit.
If you think porcelain dental veneers can benefit you, schedule an appointment with us at Dentist on Harbourfront. You can also call us if you have any more questions or would like to know more about various dental procedures.